Pregnancy and Delivery!

Heyyyy,

After deciding to have a mom blog, because of how much my life has changed and how much I've learned going through the motions, I took some time to contemplate my first post. Then I thought, why not start where it all started. The pregnancy!

Firstly, my situation was not ideal. It was an unplanned pregnancy. After feeling like I was hangover for a week, my boyfriend urged me to see a doctor. So we did, she decided to do an ultrasound, followed by an internal one because I was just shocked I was pregnant! She even hit me on the shoulder and told me "This is a blessing! You're going to be a mother." I never responded.. I was simply in awe..



My boyfriend seemed to be more mentally prepared than I was. (Thank God!) One thing that is very important during your pregnancy and early motherhood is a good support system. The situation like I said, was not ideal, I am not married and had to break the news to my parents. Gratefully, everyone was happy and very excited. Eventually the reality sink in and I began preparing.

I researched EVERYTHING! I became obsessed with everything baby related. For anyone who is planning to have a baby or is pregnant, please get a copy of WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN EXPECTING. I call it the "preggers bible!" Every and anything you can think about is in there. All your questions answered. As though that was not enough, I had apps such as baby center and sprout on my iPhone. They were amazing! They all helped!



The Pregnancy!
The first three months/ first trimester was horrible for me. I had the morning sickness and I was so irritable. My patience and appetite was almost non existent and I hated light, noise, smells of perfume or spicy food, almost everything was bothersome. I even shunned my boyfriend, who was so supportive and comforting. I'm convinced we can conquer anything after getting through the first trimester successfully. (lol) I spent most of my time in my room, online, reading. I felt like the more I know, the more prepared and confident I will be...

The second trimester was much easier. I joined a clinic, explored my hospital and birthing options, Lamaze class and Water aerobics. My appetite came back slowly but surely. I began eating for two and enjoyed food way more than I did in my entire life! ^.^ My cravings were everything that make you put on that extra pound; Pasta, Stuffed crust Pizza, Mc Donalds, Arabian Food, Buffalo wings, Ice Cream, Chocolates, and the list went on.. For my birthday, my boyfriend got me a cake with some of my cravings as the toppings. I'll post a picture! It was amazing!!! My first birthday pregnant. :)


During the second trimester, I pictured myself having a daughter and even called my baby bump 'Xaria.'  I had a boy! Since my energy was back, I joined a water aerobics class, which was safer since the water prevents any shocks or injury while working out. I also tried walking a lot. Did a lot of mall runs; cardio. Lamaze also helped alot and you can have one to one interactions with the midwives and other mothers in the class.



The third trimester was similar to the first, I was irritable again. Mostly because my bump was big and heavy. It resembled a basketball. My feet were swollen from walking around with so much weight, I was huge! My energy was on E! I was always tired! There wasn't much I could do. By the 30th week, I was ready! (lol) My boyfriend's birthday came and I had dinner planned at a restaurant he liked. I began getting these pains that I wasn't too familiar with, but it wasn't alarming. I also didn't want to ruin his birthday, so I did not complain. However, by midnight the contractions started and Roman was here by the next evening. He was beyond anything I could imagine. It was love at first sight! Joel was more than happy to receive a belated birthday gift. It's the most wonderful feeling you can ever imagine. I give thanks daily!


The Delivery!
Roman was due on the 02.02.16 but came on the 28.01.16. Once you're at 34/35 weeks, you should start preparing for delivery. Make sure your hospital bag is packed, a driver is on call and your phones are charged! My water bag didn't break, the doctor broke it for me but I did get my "show", it's like a pinkish spot of blood. The contractions started coming around midnight and Roman was delivered at 2:30 the next day. One thing I want to stress about the delivery, ONLY PUSH WHEN YOU FEEL THE CONTRACTION COMING ON! Pushing without the contraction cause you to have an episiotomy (vaginal tearing). Also, remember your breathing, it helps you to relax and focus. I had a natural birth, I kept on telling myself that my body was designed for such. I did surprisingly well. (I can be a drama queen sometimes lol).
Just remember to always remain positive and breathe easy. Trust me, you would feel like a hero when it's done! I can't explain the feeling you get when you see your baby. It's like no other. Being a mom is indeed a blessing! And seeing Roman was Love at First Sight! <3



Let me know if you have any questions. I am here to share my experiences and assist where I can. Being a new mom can be scary, not knowing what to expect. I hope this blog can help replace that fear with faith. Embrace your blessing! 

Xoxo,
Zwena <3



Comments

Popular Posts