Hospital Bag Checklist

One of my friend is preparing for delivery and called to ask me exactly what I packed in my hospital bag. She wanted to know what specifically she would need since she isn't much of a packer and don't want to take anything that's unnecessary. I was so happy to help and decided to share here as well.

I broke down my list into three categories: Mummy, Daddy and Baby.

For Mummy:

  1. Comfortable sleepwear, preferbly 3 nightgowns and a robe.
  2. Bedroom slippers (I also packed socks)
  3. Tooth brush, tooth paste, face wash, mouth wash, soap/ body wash, deodorant
  4. Maternity pads!
  5. Breast pads
  6. Comfortable underwear 
  7. An outfit to go home in
  8. Towel
  9. Phone and charger
  10. A book (I took what to expect when expecting)
  11. Water bottle
  12. ID, insurance, medical file with your necessary documents
For Daddy: (Joel stayed with me at the hospital)

  1. Comfortable change of clothes
  2. Towel
  3. Phone and charger
  4. Tooth brush, tooth paste, body wash
  5. Deodorant
  6. Snacks for nourishment
For Baby:

  1. Swaddle Blankets (babies love to be swaddled)
  2. Onsies and take home outfit. (Be mindful of the umbilical cord cut, nothing to close fitting)
  3. 2oz Baby Bottle (I use Tommee Tippee)
  4. Bib/ Burp Cloth
  5. Socks
  6. Hat
  7. Pampers (Newborn.. I was new to pampers shopping lol and I also preferred Huggies NB)
  8. Wipes
  9. Hand Sanitizer
  10. Car seat

Comments

Popular Posts